This course emphasizes on building applied knowledge in Microsoft Excel with a concentrate on accounting process. Foundational knowledge is built by introducing the basics of creating, modifying, formatting to enable expanded depth in the functions of formulas, charts, styles and conditional formatting. Advanced application teach students how to create pivot tales to consolidate data, conduct data analysis using software tools and automate repetitive tasks with macros. Students will apply knowledge to real world problems to prepare them for application in the work environment.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Perform calculations using mathematical, statistical, financial, lookup and logical functions.
- Develop formulas containing relative and absolute cell references.
- Create conditional formatting to highlight pertinent information.
- Learn to manage documents, files and folders to organize spreadsheets and Consolidate data from multiple spreadsheets/workbooks to generate information.
- Create various charts types using spreadsheet data and use attention getters to pin point outliers.
- Employ tools such as filters, hide column, split screen, and freeze pane on large spreadsheets to manage data to produce information.
- Employ what-if analysis to forecast future scenarios.
- Use Microsoft online help feature to solve unique real world situation and unexpected problems.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.