Using a unique blend of creative thinking and brand communication strategies, students will develop skills in how to use advertising and other communication tools in a coordinated manner to build and maintain brand awareness, brand contacts and brand preference. This course will provide students with a thorough understanding of the entire advertising campaign process with attention on the strategic thinking of brands, focusing on brand positioning and how of how brands can be best managed to improve customer experiences. Students learn how to deliver creative messages and incentives and learn how to measure their effectiveness. Students create and present an integrated advertising campaign and plans book that includes multiple media executions of a single, unified message, theme or concept.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify basic advertising campaign and brand terminology.
- Describe the types and methods used in conducting marketing research.
- Analyze and develop target consumer segments for a given brand and/or service.
- Apply the process of developing a campaigns creative strategy.
- Develop and apply communication objectives, strategies and techniques for different media to include traditional, support, direct response and sales promotion.
- Generate brand position statements and apply brand position strategies in the development of a creative message.
- Recognize the role of public relations in campaign development and strategy.
- Examine and develop the campaign media plan and allocate the campaign budget.
- Produce a comprehensive advertising campaign.
- Explore various campaign measurement tools and techniques.
- Outline the relationship between ethics, social responsibility, and advertising.
- Develop project management and organizational skills to meet project needs and deadlines.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.