Students will focus on subdivision design. Topics include plat layout, grading and earthwork, hydrology, road design, and storm water management. Students will study wetland issues, existing land use factors, zoning considerations, Minnesota State Statutes and local ordinances as they relate to platting. Techniques for record research will also be discussed.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze subdivision design constraints found in the State Statutes and in various County, City and local ordinances.
- Apply design constraints to develop sketch plats.
- Design a preliminary plat.
- Design horizontal and vertical alignment of roadways, including vertical curves, horizontal curves and other geometric elements of roadway design.
- Produce grading plans and roadway construction documents.
- Interpret construction specifications.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.