Students study surveying with practical applications in horizontal distance, angle and vertical measurement, introduction to total station/data collection, traverse angle and distance measurement methods. Students will begin using coordinate geometry. This course includes extensive fieldwork.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Perform distance measurements related to plane surveying and apply appropriate corrections.
- Perform angle measurements and apply appropriate corrections.
- Perform vertical distance measurements and apply appropriate corrections.
- Apply mathematical computations to deal with measurement uncertainties.
- Operate leveling instrument and transfer elevations.
- Demonstrate respectful communication and proper interaction when working in a group environment.
- Identify Minnesota tree types for surveying or civil engineering applications.
- Create survey field notes to industry standards.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.