Students will study basic surveying with practical applications in horizontal distance, angle and vertical measurement, introduction to total station/data collection, traverse angle and distance measurement methods. The student will begin using coordinate geometry. This course includes extensive fieldwork.
Student Learning Outcomes
- perform distance measurements related to plane surveying and apply appropriate corrections
- perform angle measurements and apply appropriate corrections
- perform vertical distance measurements and apply appropriate corrections
- use mathematical computations to deal with measurement uncertainties
- work cooperatively in a work group environment
- identify Minnesota tree types
- create survey field notes
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.