The students will study error analysis and measurements, random errors, survey standards and specifications. Focus will also be on state plane coordinate calculations, development of coordinate geometry, trigonometric solutions, geodetic surveying problems, and positioning of corners per Public Land Survey System. Students will study historical development, description and land boundary elements related to platting, deed interpretation and boundary systems.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Locate and calculate positions of government and property corners according to Federal, State, and local established guidelines.
- Analyze and compute traverse adjustments and section breakdowns.
- Examine the Public Land Survey System, convergence and error propagation.
- Perform analysis of historical land surveys.
- Apply coordinate geometry functions.
- Interpret boundary rights.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.