Students will study the natural laws that govern the relationship between work, force, and motion. Students will apply this knowledge through practical lab experiments and problem solving. Students will perform computations in the civil engineering/land surveying field. These include: volumes, bearings/azimuths, latitudes/departures, area traverse and various curve calculations. Students will also study elementary concepts involving coordinate geometry and route-survey methods.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Calculate physics problems involving force, equilibrium, and accelerated motion.
- List and explain horizontal and vertical curve terminology.
- Compute vertical curve calculations.
- Perform horizontal curve calculations.
- Calculate traverse adjustments.
- Apply industry standards to highway design computations.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.