Meets MN Transfer Goal 1 - Written Communication. This transferable course will teach students to write effectively for the business world. They will learn how to research, write, and design appealing and productive print and electronic documents. Assignments will parallel the writing demands students will face both in college and in the workplace and may include e-mails, memos, reports, graphics, instructions, proposals, collaborative writing, and descriptions.
Student Learning Outcomes
- create professional writing, reports, memos, instruction manuals, graphics, marketing materials, formal proposals, and more
- generate professional information products that address audience needs and that accomplish the writer's objectives
- apply strategies for successful collaboration, such as working and communicating on-line with colleagues, setting and achieving project goals, and responding constructively to peers' work
- locate, apply, and document research ethically
- demonstrate proper grammar and mechanics
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.