This course is designed to provide students with the skills necessary to support and reinforce the instruction of K-6 students in the area of technology. Students will utilize technology to gather and develop classroom lesson plans. Students will examine assistive/augmentative technology and the technologies required of prospective and practicing teachers. Students will also learn to apply those skills and knowledge when assisting students.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Define terminology related to the instruction of technology and assistive/augmentative technology.
- Demonstrate how to access and effectively use available resources using technology, including assistive/augmentative technology.
- Identify technology resources to enable and empower learners with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, and abilities.
- Demonstrate the use of technology to gather and record data regarding student performance.
- Utilize educational technology to broaden student knowledge about technology, to deliver instruction to students at different levels and paces, and to stimulate advanced levels of learning.
- Analyze the technical skills and continuous development needed to effectively use technology and assistive/augmentative technology with students.
- Apply the concepts of social, ethical, legal, and human issues surrounding the use of information and technology in prekindergarten through grade 12 schools.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.