Students enrolled in this class will learn how to identify and to handle hazardous materials found in the transportation industry. Students will access and utilize safety and environmental information. Students will be able to recognize their professional obligation to explore, develop, and implement pollution preventive and safe maintenance practices.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify shop safety hazards.
- Determine the effects of hazardous materials and hazardous waste on workers and the environment.
- Determine methods to reduce or eliminate waste from entering environmental ecosystems.
- Develop methods to enlighten customers of their environmental responsibilities.
- Identify Environmental Protection Agency and Minnesota Pollution Control Agency data sources.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.