Students will learn the relationship between a low cost efficient truck operation and preventative maintenance program while ensuring safe vehicle operation. Following the recommendations of the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) maintenance manuals, the student will perform truck and trailer maintenance in the lab. Students will be introduced to electrical, mechanical, lubrication and fluid functions of truck and trailers as they relate to a safe and well-maintained fleet.
Student Learning Outcomes
All listed outcomes must be performed to acceptable levels of National Automotive Technician¿s Education Foundation (NATEF) Standards.
- Explain the importance of preventive maintenance.
- Examine OEM maintenance schedules.
- List and practice shop safety procedures.
- Perform vehicle maintenance and inspection.
- Explain how electrical, mechanical, lubrication, and fluids relate to proper vehicle function.
- Perform shop equipment maintenance.
- Troubleshoot vehicle electrical failures.
- Troubleshoot mechanical failures.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.