Proper brake system operation is vital to safe utilization of any vehicle used on public roadways. This course covers the theory and operation of air and hydraulic brake system including foundation brake systems. Other topics covered in this courses include component troubleshooting, repair operations, and preventive maintenance practices.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Perform all shop operations in compliance with industry safety standards.
- Describe hydraulic and pneumatic brake system theory of operation.
- Inspect vehicle according to Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Utilize manufacturer's service data to complete brake system repair
- Troubleshoot noisy and poor brake system performance and determine necessary repairs.
- Apply brake system preventive maintenance operations.
- Apply the documentation process by typing a complete and concise story
of the work done in the repair order system.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.