Students will study an overview of the computer systems used on trucks. The emphasis will be on the study of input devices, ECM operation, and output devices. Students will identify components, test their operations, and retrieve and program data in accordance with manufacturers procedures.
Student Learning Outcomes
All listed outcomes must be performed to acceptable levels of NATEF Standards.
- Identify, describe, and test input devices,
- Apply varied software used in scan tools and laptops,
- Retrieve data and perform basic programming of the ECM,
- Identify, describe, and test output devices,
- Locate, retrieve and apply service, technical, and troubleshooting information,
- Exhibit technician/mechanic professionalism.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.