Through this course, the electrical theory learned in Electricity & Electronic Principles is applied in the lab and lecture setting to increase students¿ knowledge of vehicle starting, charging, and other electrical systems. Upon the completion of this course, students will be able to maintain, troubleshoot and repair starting, charging, and electrical systems on light, medium, and heavy commercial vehicles.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Perform all shop operations in compliance with industry safety standards.
- Locate and identify battery, starting system, charging system and electrical system components.
- Diagnose starting system operational tests and perform necessary repairs.
- Diagnose charging system operational tests and perform necessary repairs.
- Evaluate electrical system test values to identify system performance and efficiency.
- Determine electrical system performance and complete necessary electrical system repairs.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical system problems utilizing manufacturer¿s data.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.