Basic skills acquired by the student in previous courses shall be used and developed into advanced theory, troubleshooting, and repair procedures, of heating and AC ventilation systems. Proper operation of Heating and AC ventilation systems is important for driver comfort and safe vehicle operation. This course covers theory of AC, cab heater and air ventilation systems. Heating and AC system preventive maintenance practices. Auxiliary power unit operations, troubleshooting and repair procedures.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Perform all shop operations in compliance with industry safety standards.
- Identify heating and AC system theory of operation.
- Observe all EPA regulations and perform AC service in compliance to
- Identify types of refrigerant.
- Utilize manufacturer's service data to complete heating and AC system
- Troubleshoot poor heating and AC system performance and determine
- Determine heating and AC system preventive maintenance operations.
- Service and maintain auxiliary power units.
- Document the steps taken and the process by typing a complete and
concise story for the customer by using our repair order system.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.