Understanding and maintaining truck steering and suspension systems is necessary to achieve peak tire life, fuel economy, and safe vehicle operation. Studies include steering and suspension system theory of operation, repair procedures, and preventive maintenance operation.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Perform all shop operations in compliance with industry safety standards.
- Identify alignment angles.
- Determine repair procedures necessary to correct vehicle alignment angles.
- Utilize manufacturer's service data to complete wheel bearing and suspension system repairs.
- Understand steering system theory of operation.
- Utilize manufacturer's service data to complete steering system repairs.
- Determine steering and suspension system preventive maintenance
- Apply the documentation process by typing a complete and concise story
of the work done in the repair order system.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.