Basic skills acquired by the student in previous courses shall be used and developed into advanced troubleshooting, repair procedures, and skills necessary to operate a truck fleet or perform shop operations in the transportation industry. Coursework will include mechanical, electrical system diagnosis, and troubleshooting procedures. As well as identifying and preforming mechanical and electrical system preventive maintenance operations. Student technicians will communicate with customers, shop foreman, and part supplier.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Perform all shop operations in compliance with industry safety standards.
- Analyze post inspection report, and drivers complaints.
- Evaluate performance of electrical, engine, and power train systems.
- Perform vehicle preventive maintenance service and inspections on
trucks and trailers.
- Inspect vehicle according to Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Determine and complete necessary vehicle repairs.
- Understand, complete the troubleshooting, and repair process by
verifying the complaint and repair procedure performed.
- Document the steps taken and the process by typing a complete and
concise story for the customer by using our repair order system.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.