This course is designed to assist students with the interpretation and understanding of the rules and regulations set forth by the federal and state agencies relating to biosolids. Students will study the comprehensive requirements for the management and disposal of biosolids generated during the process of treating municipal wastewater. This course will also help prepare students in obtaining a type IV biosolids operators license upon meeting the state and federal requirements for biosolids application. Use of the D2L online learning environment may be utilized in this class.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify and describe the main subparts of CFR part 503.
- Examine the requirements for biosolids classification.
- Recommend forms and reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Calculate biosolids loading and application rates and other mathematical computations associated with operation and control of biosolids.
- Classify and explain the importance of management practices and record keeping.
- Argue and recommend potential violations and penalties.
- Observe and/or assist with the application of biosolids to a land application site,
- Identify and adhere to all safety practices associated with Biosolids operations.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.