Students will study fluid mechanics. The focus will be on fluid flow characteristics of gravity sanitary sewer and storm sewer systems. Students will study storm water hydrology, storm water management, and various wetland issues. Students will design storm sewer systems including piping, inlet structures, storm water facilities, storm water treatment pond, and prepare plan and profile documents.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Assess various hydrology methods used to estimate watershed runoff.
- Calculate pipe flow and open channel flow geometry and flow quantities.
- Design storm water collection system and create plan and profile drawings and related appurtenance details.
- Design a storm water treatment pond based on site runoff.
- Create erosion control documents using current National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) requirements.
- Interpret construction specifications.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.