Degrees and Certificates
Why Choose This Program
Getting a degree in Office Administration is a great first step in a career in many job sectors. Students will learn core administrative courses, including keyboarding, oral and written communications, business math skills, customer service, and computer operations.
Graduates will have many opportunities for different roles – executive assistant, office manager, receptions, etc. No two days will be the same. Grads will be responsible for making sure day-to-day office operations run smoothly by managing schedules, organizing meeting, making travel arrangements, and being a point of contact.
- Create business letters, reports, and memos
- Recognize and identify corporate values and business ethics
- Effectively communicate through writing and speaking
- Manage communication through group interaction, conflict resolution, and decision making
- Organize meetings (agendas, minutes, travel arrangements)
Types of Careers
- Administrative Assistant/Secretary
- Executive Assistant/Secretary
- Data entry
- Office Manager
- Virtual Assistant
- Governmental agencies
- For-profit businesses and firms
- Non-profit organizations
- Medical centers
The general education courses may transfer and are part of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).
Phone: (320) 308-5210
In addition to tuition and fees, students can expect to pay $3600 for books, supplies, and materials.
Degree specific requirements: All students are required to purchase a program-specific laptop.