The following highlights answers to frequently asked questions about Discovery Academy.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Mid-term progress reports will be requested from each classroom teacher.
- If a C or better is not maintained in a course, the student will not be able to continue in Discovery Academy.
- Counselors will be notified if a student falls below college requirements.
- Students may choose to withdraw from a course until 80% of the course has been delivered. A withdrawal results in a W on the SCTCC college transcript but is not calculated into the GPA.
Students can access their college transcript by completing a request for transcript. A fee is associated with this request.
All Discovery Academy students are required to take Accuplacer.
- Accuplacer is not used as a barrier for application/registration.
- Accuplacer is used as one measure of a students’ readiness for college.
- Students not meeting the recommended Accuplacer score are encouraged to work on their skill development in reading and/or math.