From Jan. 24 - Feb. 4, 2022, most in-person, lecture-based classes at SCTCC will shift to a fully online format.
You will need to be accepted to one of the Pre-Health majors:
- Pre-Cardiovascular Technology
- Pre-Dental Assistant
- Pre-Dental Hygienist
- Pre-Practical Nursing
- Pre-A.D.N. (must be L.P.N.)
- Pre-Surgical Technology
You are NOT directly accepted into their intended major. Each health/nursing program offers a pre-program planner which can be found at your interested program website under "Quick Links".
Pre-Program and Degree Major
In addition to the Pre-Health major, students are also accepted to either*:
- Associate in Arts (AA) degree OR
- Health Science Broad Field (HSBF) AS degree
Students are NOT required to earn either of these degrees to apply to their intended health or nursing program.
*This additional degree is to meet Federal Financial Aid regulations
Program Math Requirement
- Each program has specific math requirements
- Begin taking pre-requisite courses if necessary
- Because there are different options, talk to an advisor about course selection.
Types of Course Delivery Methods
- Face to Face (typical classroom style, all seat time on campus)
- Blended/hybrid (Part face-to-face and part online)
- Completely Online Asynchronous (no classroom, all online)
- Predominantly Online (Exams will be given at SCTCC campus)