First-year students in the programs listed below are required to purchase laptop computers and software. Laptops running Windows 10 are highly recommended. Apple computers using MAC OS or Apple devices using iOS, Chromebooks or tablets using Android OS are not recommended for use with the following programs.
Programs requiring personal computers:
- Computer Programming
- Information Technology:
- Network Administration
- Cyber Security
- PC Specialist
- Land Surveying/Civil Engineering Technology
- Architectural Construction Technology
- Computer-Aided Mechanical Design Technology
- Energy & Electronics:
- Energy Technical Specialist
- Robotics and Automation
- Instrumentation and Process Control
Students in programs requiring laptops may order their laptop computers from a recommended vendor.
The recommended company has established a website for our students’ use and their prices will be posted on the site. Sales tax will be added to the cost of computers and software.
The recommended laptops are dependable and capable of performing the functions needed. They are high-end computers that will perform well during college years as well as after graduation.
Instructions for Purchasing SCTCC Standard Laptop Bundles
- Go to the vendor website where you will find laptop pricing and specifications.Vendor site: https://store.nowmicro.com
- Register as an individual and follow the prompts to set-up online profile or login in if you already have an account.
- Once you submitted registration please check your email for password.
- Once logged into the store site, enter keyword “SCTCC” under the product search to access school-approved laptop bundle options.
*NOTE: Customers must select Credit Card as Payment Method, and either FedEx Ground or Will Pick Up at Store as Delivery Method. Orders that do not comply with these instructions will not be processed.