First-year students in the programs listed below are required to purchase laptop computers and software.
Programs requiring personal computers:
- Computer Careers—Programming
- Land Surveying/Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer-Aided Design and Manufacturing
- Architectural Construction Technology
- Mechanical Design Technology
- Instrumentation and Process Control
- Energy Technical Specialist
- Energy Technical Specialist - Nuclear
- Robotics and Automation
- Biomedical Technician
Students in programs requiring laptops may order their laptop computers from a recommended vendor.
The recommended company has established a website for our students’ use and their prices will be posted on the site. Sales tax will be added to the cost of computers and software.
The recommended laptops are dependable and capable of performing the functions needed. They are high-end computers that will perform well during college years as well as after graduation.
Instructions for Purchasing SCTCC Standard Laptop Bundles
1. Go to the vendor website where you will find laptop pricing and specifications.
2. Click on the shopping cart button at the top right-hand side of the page.
3. Register as individual and follow the prompts to set-up online profile.
4. Once you submitted registration please check your email for password.
5. Once logged into the store site, enter keyword “SCTCC CFG1” under the product search to access school-approved laptop bundle options.
*NOTE: Customers must select Credit Card as Payment Method, and either FedEx Ground or Will Pick Up at Store as Delivery Method. Orders that do not comply with these instructions will not be processed.