Welcome Back to Spring Semester 2020, students! SCTCC Campus Life and the Student Senate have a great schedule of events set for the first week back so you can settle in to the first week of classes while also having a little bit of fun.
The Student Senate is also sponsoring 5 Club Challenges during the week, which is open to all students along with Clubs. More info on that a little further down in this article.
Monday, Jan. 13
- Hot Cocoa Bar: 8:30 a.m. while supplies last Commons
- Spin It to Win It Wheel: 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Commons
- Cyclone Challenge #2 Bean Bag Toss: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Commons (check-in at 11:15 a.m.) Need teams of 2
- Cyclone Challenge #6 Selfie Scavenger Hunt: Starts Monday and you have til Thursday at 4 p.m. to complete. Check out #CycloneChallenge6 on Instagram. No team needed, but the more people you have in your pics/on your team, the more points you get. Get the rules on Monday in the Commons at the Spin It to Win It Wheel.
Tuesday, Jan. 14
- Cereal Breakfast Bar: 8:30 a.m. while supplies last Commons
- Cyclone Challenge #3 Speed Stack: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Commons (check-in at 11:15 a.m.) Need teams of 4
Wednesday, Jan. 15
- Walking Tacos: 11:30 a.m. while supplies last Commons
- Cyclone Challenge #4 Rock Paper Scissors: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Commons (check-in at 11:15 a.m.) Need teams of at least 1 participant/round (can be a single person on a team)
- Club Day: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Commons. Check out what clubs SCTCC has to offer!
Thursday, Jan. 16
- Great Big Giveaway: 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. in 1-431
- Cyclones Challenge #5 Pictionary: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Commons (check-in at 11:15 a.m.) Need teams of 2-4
- Cyclone Challenge #6 Selfie Scavenger Hunt: Selfies due by 4 p.m.! #CycloneChallenge6
Cyclone Challenges are a competition among the SCTCC Clubs, but ANY SCTCC student can take part.
If you would like to join one of the competitions but are not in a club/organization, you have a couple options:
- Connect with or join a club/organization on the day of the competition (if you show up around 11:15, there will be clubs there checking in)
- Form your own team - make sure to check out the number of people needed for each of the competitions.
If an individual or non-club/organization team wins a Cyclone Challenge, prizes will be awarded. If SCTCC clubs/organizations win, they will be awarded Cyclone Challenge points (1st place - 30 points, 2nd place - 20 points, 3rd place - 10 points, or Participation Points - 5 points) for the accumulative, academic year tally.
Student Senate Executive Cabinet does ask that all students download the SCTCC app prior to participating in Cyclone Challenges for check-in and have a minimum of one Instagram account (per group) for Cyclone Challenge #6.