Did you know there is a Random Acts of Kindness Day?
There is! And it is coming up on February 17th!
What is a Random Act of Kindness? A random act of kindness is a selfless act with a purpose of helping or cheering someone up, with no expectation of gaining anything in return.
Random acts of kindness can benefit the giver and the receiver! Kindness can:
- Improve mood
- Increase confidence and compassion
- Decrease blood pressure and the stress hormone cortisol
Being kind can positively impact our overall wellbeing in many ways. Kindness is contagious – pass it on!
Show us your random act of kindness!
Do something to make a positive difference in the lives of others February 12-17, 2021 and share it with us.
- Post a video, photo, or just describe your Random Act of Kindness
- Instagram, Twitter, your public Facebook post, or on the SCTCC App
- Use the hashtag #SCTCCKind
- Tag @sctcc if you remember
Students who participate will be entered to win some awesome prizes!
- $100 Coborn's Gift Card
- $20 Bookstore Gift Card
- SCTCC Swag
One entry per student - all entries will be reviewed and may be shared with credits.
Some ideas for your Random Acts of Kindness:
- Send an encouraging text to a friend
- Leave happy notes around town
- Bake dessert for a neighbor
- Leave some change with a positive note on a vending machine
- Call or visit a relative
- Hold the door for someone
- Say hello to a stranger
- Send a card to a friend or relative
- Do something to help the environment (walk instead of drive, recycle, use a reusable water bottle, conserve energy)
- Give someone a compliment
- Leave an encouraging note in a library book
- Write a thank you note for someone
- Clean out your closet and donate clothes
- Pay for the person behind you at a drive thru
- Leave a happy sticky note on a bathroom mirror
- Smile at everyone you see
- Let someone go ahead of you in line
- Throw a virtual party for someone who deserves it
The possibilties are endless!
For more information on Random Acts of Kindness, visit www.randomactsofkindness.org