We’re encouraging all SCTCC students to get tested for COVID-19 before leaving for break. Getting tested will help keep your family, friends, and community safe from the virus.
In St. Cloud, you can get tested in person at River’s Edge Convention Center or you can request a mail-in test. These tests are saliva tests and are FREE.
The Minnesota Dept. of Health believes the possibility of continued spread of the virus as young people visit family and friends for Thanksgiving poses a serious risk, and urges all college and university students to get tested prior to traveling for break or other opportunities to gather.
In St. Cloud
Free in-person saliva testing
- Located at River’s Edge Convention Center, at 10 Fourth Ave South in St. Cloud.
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: noon-7 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Make an appointment through the Vault Health registration site.
- Fridays are recognized as a good common day for students, faculty, and staff at SCTCC and their families to get tested.
- Walk-ins are welcome!
Free at-home saliva testing in Minnesota
- Order a free mail-in saliva COVID tests whether or not you’re displaying symptoms.
- Tests are overnighted to you, and you’ll need to complete the sample in an online meeting with a Vault supervisor.
- After you mail it back, you should get results in 24-48 hours.
- For more info and to order your test, visit the Vault website.
You can find options for testing at the MDH link, including nasal swab community testing events, saliva community testing sites, home tests, and a map of testing locations throughout the state.
When returning from break, the best practice is to lay low for five days, and get tested again. For in-person classes, this means wearing your mask and physical distancing when on campus.
The SCTCC community is encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to help protect your family, friends, and community. And, as always, remain vigilant about washing hands, wearing a mask, and remaining physically distant from others both on and off campus. #MasksUpClonesUp
Questions? Please contact Carol Brewer, Director of Safety and Security at SCTCC: email@example.com