As students leave for break, best practice is to get a COVID test. Getting tested will help keep your family, friends, and community safe from the virus.
In St. Cloud, you can get tested in person at River’s Edge Convention Center or you can request a mail-in test. These tests are saliva tests and are FREE.
Get tested for COVID-19
In St. Cloud
Free in-person saliva testing
- Located at River’s Edge Convention Center, at 10 Fourth Ave South in St. Cloud.
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: noon-7 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Make an appointment through the Vault Health registration site.
- Fridays are recognized as a good common day for students, faculty, and staff at SCTCC and their families to get tested.
- Walk-ins are welcome!
Free at-home saliva testing in Minnesota
- Order a free mail-in saliva COVID tests whether or not you’re displaying symptoms.
- Tests are overnighted to you, and you’ll need to complete the sample in an online meeting with a Vault supervisor.
- After you mail it back, you should get results in 24-48 hours.
- For more info and to order your test, visit the Vault website.
You can find options for testing at the MDH link, including nasal swab community testing events, saliva community testing sites, home tests, and a map of testing locations throughout the state.
When returning from break, the best practice is to lay low for five days, and get tested again. For in-person classes, this means wearing your mask and physical distancing when on campus.
If you plan to travel out of state over break, when you come back you will need to quarantine for 14 days. Check the MDH page on travel to learn more if you're planning on traveling over break.
As always, remain vigilant about washing hands, wearing a mask, and remaining physically distant from others both on and off campus. #MasksUpClonesUp
Questions? Please contact Carol Brewer, Director of Safety and Security at SCTCC: firstname.lastname@example.org