All currently enrolled students at SCTCC preparing to apply to the Nursing A.D.N. (2-year RN) Mobility program are assigned to an advisor from the Academic Advising Center. Advisors will assist in the development of an education plan to meet the student’s abilities and career goals
Academic Advising Sessions
Students meet with their advisor each semester to learn important information and updates about the program. You will receive your access code, which is required to register for the following semester classes.
Prepare for Advising Session
- Review the program web pages.
- Bring printed student DARS report (found in e-services account) when meeting with an advisor in the Academic Advising Center.
- During the Advisor/Student meeting, the DARS is reviewed and the student will receive an Access Code (required for course registration).
- Attend Workshops throughout the semester to develop and enhance life and career goals.
Your advisor will help you develop an educational plan to meet your career goals. Contact your academic advisor for assistance with your plan.
Students are responsible for understanding which courses to take and in which order to take them to successfully complete pre-requisites for program application.
You should review your specific program web pages to understand:
- Program prerequisite courses
- Program requirements
- Program admissions criteria
- Program application dates
- Attend Program Information Session; meet faculty, tour labs, learn more about program.
Student e-Services Account
Students log in to their e-services account using their StarID and password. Here are a few of the services students can obtain to assist with their educational goals:
- Degree Audit Report (DARS) report, listed under Academic Records. This report shows progress towards your degree and all of your transfer work from other colleges and universities.
- Student Holds - shows holds that will stop you from registering, listed under “Courses and Registration”.
- Registration window - shows the date you can register for classes each semester, listed under “Courses and Registration”.
- Financial Aid Award Letter - shows the aid you are qualified to select, listed under “Financial Aid”. If you do not see an award letter you may need to make financial arrangements with the Business Office.
- View grades and View and Modify course schedule.
Visit student e-services. Log in using StarID and password.
After you've been accepted to SCTCC and completed eOrientation, you'll make an appointment with an Academic Advisor to talk about what classes you'll need to complete and what steps you'll need to take before you can apply to your health program of choice.