Know your online rights and responsibilities
You have the right to:
- A clear and complete syllabus to explain the course, the learning objectives, the grading criteria, and the course policies.
- A clear and accurate course schedule that details the topics to be covered, the assigned readings and preparation activities, and the deadlines for assignments.
- Clear instructions for assignments and learning activities.
- Timely feedback from your instructor on questions (within one business day) and on graded assignment (within a week of the assignment's deadline).
- Course materials that are accessible and open correctly in the course site.
- Access tutorials and guides that document the use of the software and tools you will be required to use in the course.
You have the responsibility to:
- Read all assigned materials and to complete all assigned learning activities.
- Complete all graded assignments well in advance of the deadline (to avoid any technical glitches that might occur by waiting until the deadline).
- Schedule adequate and regular study and work time for your online course (recommended minimum of 12 hours per week for an 8-week class).
- Ask questions when you are confused.
- Treat all members of the class with respect and kindness (including appropriate netiquette).
- Maintain academic honesty and integrity in completing your work.