Veterans Resources - Reminders & Deadlines
- Veterans and current service members may have the $20 application fee waived with proof of service.You may submit your DD214 to the Admissions Office.
- Please remember to complete the SCTCC Veterans Enrollment Certification Form each semester to notify the college of your intent to use benefits.Enrollment information for GI Bill® recipients must be reported each semester in order for payments to be processed.
- GI Bill® recipients will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) when applying for a new benefit. You are required to give a copy of this document to the School Certifying Official, Anita Baugh in Financial Services.
- Recipients of the Montgomery GI Bill® Chapters 30 and 1606) must verify their enrollment at the end of each calendar month during the term. Go to www.gibill.va.gov/wave to verify through the WAVE system, Web-Automated Verification of Enrollment or call the automated call center at 1-877-823-2378.
- FTA Deadline: If you plan to use Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA), you should submit a request for funding within 10 business days of the start of the term. You may apply up to 60 days prior to the start of the term.
- National Guard Soldiers: As a general rule, if you plan to apply for State Tuition Reimbursement (STR), you must apply for FTA first.