St. Cloud Technical & Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 North LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP)
SCTCC is a participant in the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) which emphasizes two purposes for accreditation: assuring quality and stimulating improvement. AQIP infuses the principles of continuous quality improvement and systems thinking into the academic culture.
The AQIP Model
AQIP offers six categories to structure key institutional systems and performance results. These categories are monitored in a Systems Portfolio to examine processes while ensuring energy and resources are invested in ways that help achieve institutional goals.
The six AQIP categories are:
- Category One: Helping Students Learn focuses on the design, deployment, and effectiveness of teaching-learning processes (and on the processes required to support them) that underlie the institution’s credit and non-credit programs and courses.
- Category Two: Meeting Student and Other Key Stakeholder Needs addresses the key processes (separate from instructional programs and internal support services) through which the institution serves its external stakeholders in support of its mission.
- Category Three: Valuing Employees explores the institution’s commitment to the hiring, development, and evaluation of faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Category Four: Planning and Leading focuses on how the institution achieves its mission and lives its vision through direction setting, goal development, strategic actions, threat mitigation, and capitalizing on opportunities.
- Category Five: Knowledge Management and Resource Stewardship addresses management of the fiscal, physical, technological, and information infrastructures designed to provide an environment in which learning can thrive.
- Category Six: Quality Overview focuses on the Continuous Quality Improvement culture and infrastructure of the institution. This category gives the institution a chance to reflect on all its quality improvement initiatives, how they are integrated, and how they contribute to improvement of the institution.
SCTCC Systems Portfolio - June 2014
SCTCC Systems Portfolio - June 2010
In addition, several programs are accredited, licensed or approved by national, state or program specific agencies:
Automotives, Auto Body Repair and Medium/Heavy Truck is accredited by the National Automotive Technician Education Foundation (NATEF), 101 Blue Seal Drive, Suite 101, Leesburg, VA 20175. Telephone: (703) 669-6650.
Cardiovascular Technology is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756. Telephone: (727) 210-2350 Fax: (727) 210-2350. Email: email@example.com, http://www.caahep.org.
Dental Assisting is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) which is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission can be contacted at (312) 440-4563 or (800) 621-8099 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 or www.ada.org.
Dental Hygiene is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association, 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, allowing students to sit for national board examinations. CODA contact information: (800) 621-8099 -or- (312) 440-4653, (800) 621-8099. www.ada.org
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Generalist is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756. Telephone: (727) 210-2350 Fax: (727) 210-2350. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.caahep.org.
Electrical Construction Technology is certified by the Minnesota Board of Electricity, 1821 University Avenue, Suite S-128, St. Paul, MN 55101, Telephone: (651) 642-0800.
Emergency and Safety Education is approved by the Minnesota Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board (EMSRB) to teach First Responder and Emergency Medical Technician-Basic and an approved program for the American Heart Association and National Safety Council courses.
Energy Technical Specialist - Nuclear is certified by the Nuclear Energy Institute, 1201 F St. NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20004-1218, Phone 202-739-8000, Fax 202-785-4019. http://www.nei.org/
Health Information Technology is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM), 223 North Michigan Avenue, 21st Floor, Chicago, IL 60601-5800. Telephone: (312) 223-1100 www.cahiim.org.
Nursing is approved by the Minnesota State Board of Nursing. State of Minnesota Board of Nursing, 2829 University Avenue SE, 2nd floor, Minneapolis, MN 55414-3253. Telephone: (612) 617-2270, (888) 234-2690.
Nursing Assistant is approved by the Minnesota Department of Health, 85 East Seventh Place, Suite 300, P.O. Box 64501, St. Paul, MN 55164-0501, Telephone: (651) 215-8705.
Paramedicine is approved by the Minnesota Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board (EMSRB) and nationally accredited by the “Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the EMS Professions” (CoAEMSP), 1248 Hardwood Road, Beadford, TX 76021-4244, Telephone: (817) 283-9403.
Practical Nursing is approved by the Minnesota State Board of Nursing. State of Minnesota Board of Nursing, 2829 University Avenue SE, 2nd floor, Minneapolis, MN 55414-3253. Telephone: (612) 617-2270, (888) 234-2690.
The Practical Nursing Program is accredited by: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. 404-975-5000
Surgical Technology is accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756. Telephone: (727) 210-2350 Fax: (727) 210-2350.
Water Environmental Technologies is certified by the Minnesota Department of Health and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, 520 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155-4194. Telephone: (651) 296-6300.