The SCTCC Department of Safety and Security is a professional, proactive safety and security resource for the SCTCC community. We accomplish our mission by supporting SCTCC’s mission, goals, and core values by securing, monitoring, enforcing and providing administrative and environmental health and safety resources to the college while offering visibility to the community, coordination of safety related activities and training for all SCTCC constituents, and acting as a liaison with local emergency services.
- Provide a safe environment for all SCTCC students, staff, faculty, alumni, and guests
- Provide community wide safety, security and emergency training
- Increase community awareness of the resources the Department of Safety and Security provides
- Improve on usability and availability of security technology resources
- Accurately document all safety and security related reports for the SCTCC community
- Maintain a positive relationship with local, state, federal, and other outside agencies
Contact Campus Security
For emergency needs, you are encouraged to call “911” first and then call Security.
St. Cloud Technical and Community College (SCTCC) is committed to providing a safe work and learning environment for employees, students and visitors. To help maintain that commitment of safety, SCTCC built a strong working relationship with the Department of Public Safety at St. Cloud State University (SCSU) to provide security officer services on our campus. Public Safety Officers provide numerous services on our campus such as vehicle and foot patrols, escorts, vehicle "jump-start" services. To reach a Public Safety Officer, you may contact them at the number above.
In addition to the security services provided by SCSU, the college maintains a highly professional relationship with the St. Cloud Police Department. Every Tuesday from about 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. during the academic year, St. Cloud Police officers from the Community Crime Impact Team set up a booth outside of the SCTCC Commons located in the main building. These officers are here to help promote campus safety and provide students, employees, and visitors with a chance to ask questions.
Students, faculty, staff and guests of the College are encouraged to immediately report emergencies and criminal activity to SCSU Department of Public Safety or the St. Cloud Police Department (911). You can reach the Department of Public Safety by calling 83333 from any on campus phone or 320-308-3333 from an off campus phone. This number is answered all day, every day. You can also stop by the Health and Safety Office, which is located in the Business Office of the Northway.
If you have information on a crime that has been committed on the SCTCC Campus (or around your community) and wish to remain anonymous, you may contact the Tri-County Crime Stoppers by Secure Online Tip Form, calling 1-800-255-1301 or texting to CRIME (274637) and starting your message with the keyword TriTip.
Other Safety Information
- NotAlone.gov: Information for students, schools, and anyone interested in finding resources on how to respond to and prevent sexual assault on college and university campuses and in our schools.
- Parking Study: Information on SCTCC parking demand, development of alternative parking solutions and review of access and revenue control options
- Mandatory State and Federal Employment Information: Find links to posters and additional information about workplace safety and regulations.