Discovery Academy is an initiative of St. Cloud Technical & Community College that allows high-school students to take college courses in a high school setting. Courses are taught in cooperating high schools based on space and resource availability by SCTCC instructors or specifically trained high school teachers. All courses earn college credit.
Advantages of Discovery Academy
Discovery Academy offers a unique opportunity for students to:
- Earn college credit while still in high school
- Save money on tuition when starting college
- Learn about skills used in industry and career fields through tours, job shadowing, and internships (where available)
- Take courses that are not normally offered in the high school setting
- Build and learn college-level skills.
- Earn college credits in career majors that may align with a university pathway; in other words, the credits could transfer to a 4-year program of study
Check with your guidance counselor for any pre-requisites.
If you would like to get involved with Discovery Academy, the first step is to contacting your high school guidance counselor for an access code.
After that, it's just three easy steps to enroll: