Students who have been accepted to SCTCC and received a student checklist from Admissions advising them of the Accuplacer test(s) they are required to take, will be able to schedule their Accuplacer testing here. Students will need the checklist that was mailed to them when they schedule the appointment.
Students who have not applied to the college or received an acceptance letter will not be able to schedule an appointment at this time.
All students are required to take the Accuplacer Assessment test. The tests that are offered include Reading Comprehension, ESL Reading, Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra and College Level Math. When scheduling a testing appointment, students will need their Student I.D. (Tech I.D.) number located on the enrollment documentation they received in the mail. We encourage students to practice before taking this exam. Click here for search results to "Accuplacer practice online."
The Accuplacer placement test MUST be scheduled within 30 days of receiving this acceptance letter or the student's application to the college may be cancelled. Any student wishing to have scores from another Minnesota State campus reviewed must provide the Admissions office with a copy of their results or notify Admissions that they are testing at another Minnesota State campus. Any student who has college credits in Reading and Writing intensive General courses and/or Math may be exempt. Please send a college transcript or contact the Admissions office to see if testing is required. Questions regarding testing may be directed to 320-308-6007.
Students who fall into one of the following categories should call 320-308-5089 to schedule Accuplacer testing:
- Ability to Benefit
- Testing for another college
Students testing for another college must follow the instructions below:
- Please contact your home institution and receive a testing voucher code from their testing center.
- Once you have obtained this testing voucher code, please contact the SCTCC testing center at 320-308-6007 to schedule testing.
- Testing for other colleges is not available without this testing voucher code.
- Students testing for institutions outside the Minnesota State system will be required to pay a $25 administrative fee.
- Please be prepared to present a picture ID to the testing coordinator. Students wihtout a picture I.D. will not be allowed to test.
Make sure to take your Accuplacer as soon as possible.
If you are unable to register using the web registration system, please call the Admissions Office at 320-308-5089 for assistance.
Testing is usually offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm.
Need to Retest?
Walk in retesting is available:
- Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9 - 11 a.m.
These sessions are for SCTCC STUDENTS ONLY (RE-TESTING) in Room 1-458. You DO NOT need to sign up!
Students re-testing for another college, MUST first obtain a testing voucher code from their home institution and then call Admissions at 320-308-5089 OR 320-308-6007 to schedule an appointment.
Please pay the $10 re-testing fee at the Financial Services Office prior to checking in for testing!