Additional Safety & Security Links
Registered Sex Offender Information
- Campus Safety - Registered Sex Offender Information
- Timely Notification Bulletin [September 24, 2014]
St. Cloud Technical and Community College is dedicated to promoting the safety, security and health of our students, employees and visitors and is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment to learn and work in.
For emergency needs,
you are encouraged to call “911” first
and then call Public Safety at
Star Alert is a free SCTCC emergency notification system that makes it possible for students and employees to receive notices of campus-related emergencies via text, email, and voice alerts. All students and employees will automatically receive notifications to their SCTCC email account. If you wish to receive text messages, be sure to register your cell phone number when setting up your account. Standard text messaging rates apply, students may opt-out of the service at anytime.
Star Alert: Information and sign-up procedures regarding Star Alert, an emergency text message notification service
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (also known as the Clery Act), St. Cloud Technical and Community College monitors criminal activity and maintains a three-year statistical history of crime reports.
The College makes this report publicly available to all students, employees and the general public. Below are the reports from the previous four years and a printed copy is available upon request.
- 2014 Security Report [PDF]
- 2013 Security Report [PDF]
- 2012 Security Report [PDF]
- 2011 Security Report [PDF]
To request a printed copy of this report, please contact the Safety and Health Office at 320-308-6158.
Cyclone Care Team
St. Cloud Technical and Community College is concerned about the safety and well-being of all students, faculty, staff, and community members. Please complete the Cyclone Care Team form (linked below) to refer student concerns to the Cyclone Care Team.
Reportable behaviors may include (but are not limited to):
- Self-injurious behavior (Suicidal ideation/attempt, cutting behavior, dangerous alcohol/substance abuse consumption, etc.
- Disruptive behavior that violates campus community safety (homicidal threats, stalking, assault, cyber bullying, carrying weapons, etc.)
- Unusual behavior (changes in personality, depressive symptoms, shifts in mood, unexplained irritability and/or lethargy, hopelessness, etc.)
Other Security Information
- Emergency Procedures Quick Reference: A downloadable reference guide to emergency procedures.
Occupational Health and Safety
Compliance Inspection Reports
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)/Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
St. Cloud Technical and Community College (SCTCC) currently maintains MSDS’s/SDS’s for each hazardous chemical using electronic access with a company called SiteHawk. This MSDS/SDS’s system ensures that they are readily accessible during each work shift to employees and students when they are in their work area(s).
In conjunction with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU), SCSU and many other schools will be switching to a new company called MSDSonline®.
Links are provided below for access to each of the systems.
Data sheets containing information are required under part 5206.0700, subpart 2, or in accordance with Code of Federal Regulations, title 29, part 1910.1200 (g), regarding the physical, chemical and hazardous properties of a substance or mixture. These sheets provide a summary of health and safety information on the chemical provided by the chemical manufacturer. Information provided on a standard MSDS/SDS includes; product identification, potential health hazards including symptoms and routes of entry, physical properties, fire and explosion hazards, reactivity data, spill or leak procedures, emergency first aid for exposure, and protective equipment to be used.
Other Safety Information
Ebola Memo for Employees [PDF]
- List of Resources
- Individual and Family Readiness:
- Ebola virus Information
- Centers for Disease Control:
- Minnesota Department of Health:
- NotAlone.gov: Information for students, schools, and anyone interested in finding resources on how to respond to and prevent sexual assault on college and university campuses and in our schools.
- Emergency Information and Planning: Emergency information relating to health issues, like the H1N1 flu virus.
- Pandemic Plan: Information on the SCTCC pandemic plan.
- Parking Study: Information on SCTCC parking demand, development of alternative parking solutions and review of access and revenue control options
- MnSCU Environmental Health & Safety: View compliance information for MPCA, OSHA and Emergency Management.
- Safety Committee Information: Read meeting minutes and how to contact the committee with an issue or question.
- Safe Patient Handling Guidelines: View information on safe patient handling.
- Mandatory State and Federal Employment Information: Find links to posters and additional information about workplace safety and regulations.
- Hazardous Waste Information: Links and resources on dealing with hazardous waste and/or scheduling a hazardous waste pickup.
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program: Information about SCTCC's stormwater pollution prevention program.