Director of BITS – Health
Client Partner, Health, Fire/EMS
Classes Offered 2015
Hemodialysis - September 15th through November 19th
- BLS certified through American Heart Association – Certification available through SCTCC
- DHS Back ground study – students are responsible for $29.10 fee
- Mantoux done within one year of start date or chest x-ray
- Flu vaccination
- Two doses of vaccine against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) or titer
- Two doses of vaccine against Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccination or titer
- Vaccination/Immunization records to include Hepatitis B series
- Current health insurance card
- Drug Acknowledgement/HIPPA
- The student must hold degree or certificate in nursing assisting, medical assisting, emergency medical technician, practical nursing, or a medic in the military OR those with a minimum of 1 year experience in a health care setting as a patient care assistant or phlebotomist.
This program will prepare the student in transitioning or expanding their health care career into hemodialysis. This 10 week course which includes a 250 clinical hours will prepare students for the Clinical Hemodialysis Technician Certification through the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission. Students will attend lectures and complete internships at approved sites determined by the Director of Outreach-Health and the lead adjunct faculty member.
Medication Administration for Non-Licensed Personnel (TMA)
Nursing Assistant Skills Review
Pharmacy Technician Click to Register
Introduction to Phlebotomy - Part 1
LPN/RN Refresher (August 2015)
Healthcare Provider CPR/AED
Heartsaver CPR/AED with First Aid for Adults
Pediatric CPR & First Aid, SUIDS and Abusive Head Trauma - Regulation changes as of July 2014
Class Dates: 7/18/15, 9/26/15, 11/21/15
In addition to the basic techniques of CPR and AED, the AHA Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid teaches the participants to manage illness and injuries in a child in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. Topics include: First Aid Basics, Medical Emergencies, Injury Emergencies, and Environmental Emergencies. Intended Audience: For those involved in child care such as parents, child care workers, teachers, camp counselors, youth organizations and coaches for children's sports organizations, other guardians and those who need or want to learn CPR, how to operate an AED, and Pediatric First Aid.
AHA Healthcare Provider, Heartsaver CPR and First Aid - Online Course
The online Heartsaver First Aid/CPR and HCP First Aid/CPR Renewal Courses provide a review for individuals who have prior CPR training. This program recognizes that individuals have knowledge and skills acquired from prior CPR training and/or years of patient care. For the 3-hour online course go to www.americanheart.org/cpr. Once you have completed the online course call to schedule a skills exam for $50.00 at St. Cloud Technical and Community College.
Documentation of completion of the on-line course must be presented at the beginning of the skills exam. Upon successful completion, participants will be awarded either a Heartsaver CPR card or a HCP CPR card, whichever they need.
To arrange skills exam contact Kelly at 320-308-5301
Other Classes Catered to Your Business:
- Safe Patient Handling
- Limited Scope X-Ray
- Caregivers Dealing with Dementia
- Adult CPR/AED with First Aid