|► Info Sessions|
|► Tuition & Fees|
|► Career Placement|
Program Related Pages
Why Choose This Program?
Advertising is a communications tool. This career teaches you the design, creative, and communication skills necessary to sell ideas, concepts, and products.
Advertising is an exciting career choice for you with an unlimited opportunity for creativity and job advancement.
As a student, you’ll be encouraged to participate in professional organizations such as the American Advertising Federation (AAF) and The Northway Group (a one of a kind, student run, in-house advertising agency). These opportunities will broaden your knowledge of the advertising, communication, and design industry.
- Incorporate computer design skills and concepts in the creation of visual and digital media.
- Develop critical thinking and creative problem solving abilities.
- Work successfully as a team member.
- Communicate clearing and professionally in both writing and spoken formats.
- Time management and the ability to meet various deadlines.
Career Choices in Advertising
Types of Jobs
- Graphic design, copywriting, illustration and print production
- Web design, social media and interactive
- Media plannning, buying and traffic
- Advertising sales, account sales and management
- Public relations, promotions and direct marketing
- Brand strategy and communication
- Photography and broadcast
- Advertising agencies and corporate advertising departments
- Digital and interactive agencies
- Specialty advertising firms
- Public relation and marketing firms
- Self employed and freelance
Projected Job Growth
According to MN DEED, the average job growth rate in the state of Minnesota for Advertising Communications and Design fields is 3.8%.
Average State Pay
According to MN DEED, in 2014, Advertising Communication and Design employees earned a median salary of $33,400 in the state of Minnesota.
"As an alum of the Advertising Communication and Design program, I hold in high regard, the education I received at St. Cloud Technical and Community College.”
- Dennis Host, Vice President of Marketing, Coborns, Inc.
"As a member of the Advertising Communication and Design Program Advisory Board, I believe their Advertising program is completely unique and better prepares students entering the advertising business with a broad spectrum of skills than any other school in the state of Minnesota."
- Aimee Minnerath, Marketing Manager, Boys & Girls Club of Central Minnesota
"I can firmly say that I was hired in my current role due to the web knowledge, communication skills, and rounded education I gained from the courses and teachers at SCTCC."
- Kelsey Johnson, Account Executive, Siteimprove, Inc.