Judy Jacobson Berg
Counselor for Students with Disabilities
Phone: 320-308-5096 or 1-800-222-1009
TTY users dial MN Relay at 711
We have what you need to make the most out of college
As a student with a disability, you may experience unique challenges. Our role is to provide safe, confidential counseling and support services to help make your college experience more successful. That includes determining the implications of your disability and recommending appropriate accommodations that best meet your needs.
Explore the information below to learn more.
- New student and parent information: Learn how to prepare for postsecondary education and the differences between college accommodations and high school IDEA.
- Getting started with disability services: Read a step-by-step explanation of the application and intake process, as well as find out how to request the accommodations you need for success in college.
- Information for current students: Read accommodation request policies and procedures for current students.
- Disability services forms: Quickly access the forms you need for Disability Services.
- Campus accessibility map: See campus maps that indicate accessible entrances.
- Assistive technology: Explore assistive technology options to help with your accommodation needs.
- Information for faculty and staff: Links and documents on how faculty and staff can assist with accommodations.
- Student Request for Sign Language Interpreter Form
Our mission statement
Disability Counseling and Services support student learning through collaboration with the college community to provide equal educational access and opportunity for all qualified students with disabilities to participate in St. Cloud Technical and Community College programs, services and activities. Access means that a qualified individual with a disability will not be excluded from participation in, or be denied the benefits of the services, programs, or activities, nor will the individual be subjected to discrimination. SCTCC will provide reasonable and appropriate accommodations to qualified students with disabilities, assist students with disabilities in self-advocacy, educate the college community about disabilities and ensure legal compliance with state and federal disability law as well as MnSCU policy 1B.4.
Disability Counseling and Services will strive to: provide safe, confidential counseling and support services to students with disabilities; determine the implications of a student’s disability and recommend appropriate accommodations which address the student’s needs; and encourage self-determination, independence and personal responsibility for students with disabilities.