|► Info Sessions|
|► Tuition & Fees|
|► Career Placement|
The St. Cloud Technical and Community College (SCTCC) Paramedicine program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org).
Why Choose This Program?
The quality of care and transport of the critically ill and injured can mean the difference between life and death. Do you thrive in emergency situations? Then a career in paramedicine may be right for you.
Paramedics are faced with initiating care to acutely ill and injured patients in limited conditions. Lifesaving procedures and decisions are determined in an instant. Graduates of the paramedicine program receive a high level of training to provide advanced care through medications and invasive procedures in the pre‐hospital and hospital environment.
Our graduates put their skills to work for private ambulance companies, hospitals, emergency flight services (both helicopter and airplane), industry and city health agencies, fire departments and law enforcement agencies. Paramedics also can incorporate their training in other career fields like park services and ski patrol.
Currently a certified paramedic?
Looking to expand your role? Consider enrolling in our Community Paramedicine Certificate. This one semester program will provide paramedics with education and training to expand their role to more broadly serve communities in the areas of primary care, public health, disease management, prevention and wellness, mental health and oral health. The Community Paramedic program incorporates theoretical knowledge with extensive clinical application and experience. This training provides students with the opportunity to enter the field with the skills and knowledge to guide patients in their overall health needs. Learn more.
- Patient Assessment (Medical and Trauma)
- Basic and advanced airway management
- Endotracheal Intubation (ETI)
- Supraglottic Airways (i.e. King Airway, Combitube)
- Surgical Airway / Cricothyrotomy
- Transtracheal Jet Insufflation
- Bag Valve Mask (BVM)
- Ventilator management
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
- Intravenous Access (IV)
- Intraosseous Access (IO)
- Cardiac rhythm interpretation
- 12 Lead application and interpretation
- Pacing, Defibrillation and cardioversion
- Medication administration (over 60 medications)
- Chest Decompression
- Bandaging, splinting, spinal immobilization
Career Choices in Paramedicine
Types of Careers
- Emergency Department Technician
- Flight Paramedic
- Ambulance services
- Hospitals and urgency rooms
- Flight services (helicopter and airplane)
- Event coverage
Projected Job Growth
Degrees & Certificates
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS Provider)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS Provider)
- Pediatric Emergencies for the Prehospital Professional (PEPP Provider)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS Provider)
Accreditations & Credentials
- CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs)
- CoAEMSP (Commission on Accreditation of EMS Programs)
- MN Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board (EMSRB)
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT)
Additional Program Information is available from this webpage on the right-hand side including the Admissions Process for the programs, Program Faculty Information, and other important program related information. Please review all of the program information on the Program Admissions link. Use the Paramedicine Checklist to understand Prerequisites and Co-Requisites. This is a professional education program and you will be expected to display personal responsibility and understanding of the requirements of the program and profession. If you still have additional questions, please attend an information meeting and learn more about applying to the program and what types of jobs this education can lead towards.
Program Information Session
To learn more about the Paramedicine program, sign up for an Information Session. These sessions provide an opportunity to:
- Talk face-to-face with program faculty.
- Tour state-of-the-art labs, where hands on learning comes to life.
- Get your questions answered.
Watch the program video and review program web pages for more information.