Degrees and Certificates
Why Choose This Program
The fast-evolving and interconnected world of today requires knowledgeable, capable, and creative problem solvers to make sure our digital infrastructure meets the demands of users.
A Network Administration degree from SCTCC provides rigorous hands-on and inquiry-based coursework focused on up-to-date equipment and software, current techniques, and best practices. Our technology curriculum is built on the combined efforts of staff, faculty, and industry partners.
As a student, you will experience cross-disciplinary learning, hands-on activities, and project-based learning to engage you in applying your new skills to real-world scenarios that are in high demand in today's IT industry.
- Computer hardware and software installation, configuration and management and security
- Support and training of end users on a variety of computer, server, networking and security related topics
- Network management skills L2 Switches, configurations, management, security, access, VLANs, encryption and remote management
- Router management, configuration, routing tables and protocols, IPv4 and IPv6, security, VPN, remote management, load balancing, QoS, DHCP, DNS, NAT, PAT, and packet forwarding concepts
- Wireless Network management, configuration, DHCP, MAC address access lists, and security
- Installation, configuration and management of Microsoft Windows Desktop and Server operating systems. Active Directory best practices in configuration and operation. Group Policy management in an enterprise environment. PowerShell automation
- Linux workstation and server installation and configuration. Command line system management and troubleshooting
- Information systems security including intrusion detection, ethical hacking, incident response and general security assessment and auditing
- Microsoft enterprise application installation, configuration and management of MS-SQL, SharePoint, Exchange and System Center
Employment includes positions in
- IT Helpdesk
- Desktop and server assembly
- Configuration, and support
- Systems upgrade and repair
- User training
- Network administrator
- Systems administrator
- Network support specialist and more
The curriculum includes a strong combination of skills, and when they are combined with very attainable certifications, there are opportunities for excellent job placement.
Anywhere technology is used to drive business:
- Internet service providers
- Cloud hosting providers
- Medical facilities
- Cellular data systems
- Electronics sales and service
- City and county government
- Supply-chain-management systems
- Cloud dependent services
- Countless other industries dependent on IT infra
Where Grads Work
- CentraCare St. Cloud Hospital
- Tek Systems
- City of St. Cloud
- US Bank
- StratX IT
- Marco Technologies
- Capital One
- St. Cloud Technical & Community College
Accreditations & Credentials
Our Network Administration program has an articulation agreement with Metropolitan State University. Upon completion of your AAS Degree in Network Administration from SCTCC, you can pursue your Bachelors in Information Assurance by transferring in your first two years.
In addition to tuition and fees, students can expect a cost of $800-1500 for books, supplies, and materials.
Clubs & Organizations
SCTCC Computer Club: Hands on real world experience through volunteering with local businesses and organizations. Students actively participating in the club have several opportunities to compete in state and national competitions including SkillsUSA, Cisco NetRiders, and the Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition.