Do you need help planning your career? We are here to help!
There are a lot of factors that go into deciding which career is right for you.
First, you want to consider your interests, abilities, and values. Take the CAREERwise Interest Assessment. Click here.
Careerwise has three different types of assessments:
- Interest Assessment: Indicate your interest level in a variety of activities. View your Interest Profile and explore a list of related careers and majors.
- Career Cluster Interest Survey: Select the activities you enjoy, your personal qualities, and school subjects you like to see which career clusters are a match for your interests.
- MnCareers Interest Assessment: Select activities you like to create your Interest Profile. Learn what types of careers people with similar profiles often enjoy.
Next up, take some time to check out what careers are out there that match your interests. As part of the Interest Assessment, you’ll see a list of careers and majors that match your test results.
You can also do some research on other careers here. This includes:
- Career Clusters and Pathways
- Growing careers in MN
- MN emerging careers and skills
- Unique career paths
- MN Workforce needs from employers
- Career videos
- Career planning resources
At the same time, explore the 90+ program options that SCTCC offers while reviewing your assessment results and other research: Degrees & Programs at SCTCC
Now it’s time to put some ideas into motion. Create a plan and set some goals for your future.
Most people spend more time at work than anyplace else in their lives, so making sure you are satisfied with your work and enjoy is key!
Have a bit of fun and write down your dream job and lifestyle for five years from today. Then see if you can map out a way to turn it from dream to reality. Career goals, a reality check, and a plan for a lifelong journey will help.
Resources at Careerwise can be found here.
- Set career goals
- Reality check
- Career planning for college students
- Your lifelong journey
Is there a program at SCTCC that matches your interests? Get started on making your future a reality and attend an information session to learn more about the program, courses, and meet faculty.
Are you considering transferring?
Visit prospective transfer schools and meet with Admissions staff to discover transfer and program requirements. Make sure to check out the Transfer Fair every spring, and transfer schools are on SCTCC’s campus throughout the year to answer your questions.
Contact a career advisor if you need help or would like to schedule an appointment:
Lisa Mohr, Career Services
Tom Garberick, Academic Advising Center
This is where SCTCC can help! Take the first step in your dream career with the correct educations and skills.
Make sure you’re getting the right type of education by checking out Careerwise.
- Types of education and training
- Prepare for college
- Find continuing education
- Search online programs
- Financial Aid 101
- Pay for college
If you’re coming to SCTCC:
Prospective students: Apply to SCTCC, come to an Info Session, and take the Accuplacer. Once accepted to SCTCC, meet with an advisor from the Academic Advising Center to get your access code and make sure you’re on the right path.
Current students: Meet with your advisor to discuss your program or degree and what steps you need to take if you changed your program.
Ready to jump into the job market, or do you want to find out what jobs will be waiting for you once you have your degree?
- Explore the MN job market
- Top 15 job vacancies
- Get help with resumes
- Get help with cover letters
- Search and apply
- Interview and negotiate.