Rights & responsibilities of financial aid recipients
Financial Aid recipients have the right to:
- Accept, reject, or seek adjustment to your financial aid without prejudice.
- Know how much aid will be received per term and when it will be disbursed.
- Know the terms of any work program you are employed under.
- Know the interest rate of any loan offered, the amount to repay, the repayment procedures, the length of time to repay the loan, and when the repayment begins.
- Access your financial aid file.
- Seek financial counseling.
- Privacy of information regarding your financial aid file. Information from a student's file will not be released to anyone (except necessary school staff) without a written consent.
- Receive financial aid as long as you are eligible.
- Appeal any award decisions you feel warrant consideration due to an office error, emergency, or circumstance beyond your control.
Financial Aid recipients have the responsibility to:
- Check each term's financial aid awards against the notification letter.
- Know if you are in default on any loans and/or owe aid repayments, you will be denied further aid.
- Know that if you receive aid which exceeds your calculated need, you must repay the excess.
- Provide accurate, factual information on all financial aid forms requested, within 45 days of the request.
- Notify the Financial Aid Office of any change in name or marital status.
- Reapply for financial assistance annually.