Discovery Academy is an initiative of St. Cloud Technical & Community College that encourages high-school students to take college courses in a high school setting. Courses are taught in cooperating high schools based on space and resource availability by SCTCC instructors or specifically trained high school teachers. All courses earn a college transcript.
Advantages of Discovery Academy
Discovery Academy offers a unique opportunity for students to:
- Earn college credit while still in high school.
- Save money on tuition when starting college.
- Learn about skills used in industry and career fields through tours, job shadowing, and internships (where available)
- Take courses that are not normally offered in the high school setting.
- Hone college-level skills.
- Earn college credits in career majors that may align with a university pathway; in other words, the credits could transfer to a 4-year program of study.
Check with your guidance counselor for any pre-requisites.
If you would like to get involved with Discovery Academy, the first step is to contacting your High School Guidance Counselor for an access code.
After that, three easy steps.