Contact the IT Help Desk:
More Star ID information and support can be found here: https://starid.mnscu.edu/.
StarID is a single username can be used to log into any enabled system across Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU). At SCTCC, students will use their StarID to access:
- Desire2Learn (D2L)
- campus computers
You need to activate your StarID before using it.
StarID / Password Help:
- Since StarIDs are assigned and managed through MnSCU the quickest and easiest way to get information is through StarID Self Service.
- If you forgot your StarID password, please go to Forgot StarID Password.
- If you need to reset an expired StarID password, please go to Expired StarID Password.
Rather than remember many user names and passwords, this one login will get you into:
Please note: SCTCC student e-mail at my.sctcc.edu will still have a separate login and password.
STEP 1: Activate your StarID
- Activate your StarID (starid.mnscu.edu).
- NOTE: The activation portion of the MnSCU StarID site DOES NOT WORK with Internet Explorer 11. We recommend using IE 10 (or earlier), Firefox or Safari when activating your StarID.
- Helpful Tip: Make sure that you remember your new StarID password.
- Use StarID to access eServices, D2L Brightspace, and campus-owned computers. Other login IDs will be deactivated.
- Use the StarID Self Service site to reset your StarID password, retrieve a forgotten StarID, and access other account maintenance tools.
- Faculty and staff: Help setting up your email on a mobile device click here.