Let your voice be heard with Student Senate
Student Senate is the voice for SCTCC students and the official student government. It operates under a constitution that’s been approved by the student body.
Its role is to:
- Encourage student participation in school, civic, recreational and social activities
- Promote the best interest of the students of St. Cloud Technical and Community College, in all ways possible
- Provide an official communication link to the school's administration regarding student, education, and administrative concerns
- Encourage expression of student-related concerns to the student senate
- Promote the concept, role, and benefits of technical education and transferable education
Senate Meetings: 12:00pm in Room 1-236/1-238
September 14, September 28, October 12, October 26, November 9, November 23, December 7th
Student Senate members meet on a regular basis throughout the year and serve on several standing campus-wide committees.
Have an issue you’d like to bring to the Student Senate?
To have your item placed on the agenda, contact the Student Senate President prior to the Thursday before the next Senate meeting.
Meet your Student Senate representatives
Executive Cabinet Members
Kimberly Thielen- Vice President
Hometown: Sauk Rapids, MN
Education Goal: Doctorate in Sports Medicine
What do you most enjoy about SCTCC? New environment, more freedom. It’s nice to not have eight hours of school a day. Being a first year student I’m excited for any and all opportunity to be involved.
Dustin Thompson- Legislative Liaison
Hometown: Saint Cloud, MN
Education Goal: I'd like to graduate with gold cords from the Medium Heavy Truck program with an AAS.
What do you most enjoy about SCTCC? So far, the thing I've enjoyed most was the trip we took for skills USA to Louisville, KY for the Mid-American Truck show. As for on campus I think my favorite thing is my class time. I love learning new things.
- Student Senate advisor: Missy Majerus
You’re always welcome to join us
If you’d like to be involved, no matter your interests, please call 320-308-5907. You can also visit the Student Senate office, located in the Student Center, Room 1-133 (across from the Student Lounge).