We're excited you might be transferring to our college, but you're probably wondering which courses from your previous schooling will count toward your program of study at SCTCC. We can help with that.
Apply as a Transfer Student
Follow this application process if you have earned college credits at another college and want to transfer those credits to SCTCC.
- Apply to the college and pay the application fee.
- If you have taken classes at a Minnesota State college, you do not need to send your transcript. SCTCC will access your Minnesota State transcripts electronically when you apply.
- If you have attended a non-Minnesota State college, send your official transcripts to the address below.
- Send your high school transcripts or GED to SCTCC if you have graduated within the last 10 years.
Send transcripts to:
St. Cloud Technical & Community College
1540 Northway Drive
St. Cloud, MN 56301
- The Accuplacer is an assessment to help determine what classes you should take at SCTCC.
- If you have taken the ACT test or have previous college-level coursework, you may not need to take the Accuplacer.
- Some of the ways for students to be exempt from taking the Accuplacer include previous Accuplacer scores, qualifying scores in the ACT, MCA or SAT tests, and completed General Education level coursework. Review the Accuplacer Testing Requirements to find out if you can be exempt from taking the Accuplacer.
- Learn more about the Accuplacer at sctcc.edu/accuplacer
*After you submit your application, the Admissions office will review your application and send you a Next Steps letter that outlines whether you need to take the Accuplacer for course placement or if you are accepted into your program.
- Watch for a letter and email discussing eOrientation and meeting with an academic advisor to register for courses.
- eOrientation is an online orientation that walks you through important information that will prepare you to register for classes and be successful at SCTCC.
- Once you have completed eOrientation, you will sign up for a date and time to meet with your academic advisor to register for courses.
Planning For Transfer?
Receive a tentative evaluation of transfer credits by using the Transferology website. Transferology is an online tool that allows you to view program requirements and consider how classes you've taken or plan to take might count towards a program at colleges across the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you attended institutions within the Minnesota State system, we are able to access these transcripts electronically so there is no need to request an official transcript. If you attended institutions outside of the Minnesota State system, you will need to request an official transcript directly from the institution(s) you have previously attended and have them sent to SCTCC.
After you apply to SCTCC and submit your official transcripts, the Records and Registration Office will review your transcripts and transfer in the courses that apply to your major. If you would like to know how your credits will transfer before you apply to SCTCC, you can set up an account with www.transferology.com. Transferology is a multi-state, web-based transfer information system that provides you with fast and accurate course and transfer equivalency information.
Your credits will be evaluated after your admission to SCTCC is complete and we have received all transcripts.
Questions? Contact Records and Registration
(320)308-5075 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrar - Bretta A. Edwards
(320) 308-1595 | email@example.com
Graduation Specialist - Lisa Miller
(320) 308-6521 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Registrar for Transfer Services - Lois Carkhuff
(320) 308-6598 | email@example.com
Registration and Transfer Assistant – Julie Trousil
(320) 308-6618 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and Transfer Assistant - Tomy Nacanabo-Cassalom
(320) 308-5979 | email@example.com