TRiO SSS Summer Institute is an 8 week program tailored to strengthening incoming students’ reading and writing skills. The 3 credits courses are taught by St. Cloud Technical and Community College instructors which consist of both academic and enrichment activities. Summer Institute also provides you with a head start on your college career and introduces you to SCTCC’s culture and classroom environments to help you to succeed in the fall!
Why should you attend Summer Institutes?
- Build friendships with other students before the academic year begins;
- Connect with staff and peers in a supportive learning environment
- Enhance your study skills in college-level reading and writing
- Register for TRiO SSS program and services
Summer Institute Application and Acceptance Process
- Be admitted to St. Cloud Technical and Community College and registered for courses.
- Apply and get approved for TRiO services
The Summer Institute offers:
- Help for students who did not meet the ACCUPLACER requirements for reading and writing
- Workshops on study skills, D2L, time management and financial aid
- College Connections, which helps familiarize new students to campus resources
- Opportunities to build leadership skills with other peers.
- Educational trips and tutoring