Drop-in Advising (estimated time 15-20 minutes)
Drop-in Advising times are focused on immediate needs and for issues that can be addressed in less than 20 minutes.
Reasons you might use Drop-in Advising could include:
- Questions about assessment scores and classes.
- Scheduling for next semester or current semester – get access code.
- Initial questions about add/drop/withdrawal
Drop-in Advising Hours are from 8:30 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. Monday through Friday, with extended times during registration. Drop-in Advising is currently taking place via Zoom at https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/92384973760 (passcode: dropin). Hours may vary depending on staffing availability, especially during the summer.
Students with specific questions may be asked to return for a scheduled appointment or referred to a faculty advisor.
Scheduled Appointments (30 minutes)
Some situations will require a longer appointment where an advisor can prepare the information necessary to meet your needs.
Reasons for scheduled appointments could include, but are not limited to:
- Long-term education plans
- Personal issues
- Transfer planning and lengthy unofficial transcript evaluations
- Major exploration
- Appeal questions
- Academic performance concerns
Appointments are available 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. Students are encouraged to schedule appointments at least 24 hours in advance.
Students who are late for their scheduled appointment, may have to reschedule for another day.
To make an appointment with an advisor in the Academic Advising Center you can:
Call us: 320-308-5741
Or sign up online through Starfish:
- Login to Desire2Learn (D2L)
- Click the “Starfish” link in the top right corner
- Click the “Success Network” tab
- Select “Schedule an Appointment” under the “Academic Advising Center” service
- Select a date from the calendar on the right
- Select an open time from the list and schedule an appointment. You will receive a confirmation email.
For more information about Starfish, view the Getting Started Guide.