The Mary Stangler CAS will start regular tutoring the week of Aug. 31.
- Math and Science tutors will be in the CAS on Monday and Wednesday and every other Friday.
- Writing and ESOL tutors will be in the CAS on Tuesday and Thursday and every other Friday.
Students need to make an appointment for a 45-minute tutoring session through the Bookings Link. When you come to the CAS, you will need to wear a mask, show that you have done the Health Screening, and wait for a text saying you can come to the CAS.
The CAS will not be doing drop in tutoring Fall Semester 2020. Online tutoring appointments are available on the days tutors are not on campus, and you can also access Tutor.com and use your 15 hours of tutoring.
Connect with the CAS Tutors
- CAS office hours via Zoom: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Call 320-308-5920 with general questions
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a tutoring appointment at the Bookings link below
- 24/7/365 Access to online tutoring is available via Tutor.com (access through D2L)
- Looking for help on a specific subject?
How to use Bookings
- Click on the area you would like to receive tutoring (Science, Math, ESOL, or Writing)
- Scroll to pick the date you would like to receive tutoring - it will highlight in green.
- To the right of the calendar, choose a time to meet - it will turn to green.
- Scroll to Add to Details. Enter your name, SCTCC email, and phone number
- Scroll to Provide Additional Information and include the name of the course you are working on, the name of your instructor, and what your particular question is.
- After you do that, click on Book.
- You will get a confirmation email.
- You will also receive an email from the person you booked the tutoring session with for a Zoom appointment. That link in the email is how you will enter the tutoring session on the date and time you scheduled.
The Mary Stangler Center for Academic Success (CAS) offers free services to all St. Cloud Technical & Community College students, faculty, and staff. Tutors help students discover ways to learn course material by clarifying textbook assignments, discussing ideas and reviewing practice problems. Tutors explain and model, but do not complete assignments.
The CAS is located in Northway Building Room 1-112. Call us at 320.308.5920.
Students seeking tutoring help should come prepared with the assignment information from the instructor or course requirements. Students should also bring the necessary textbooks or notes and show their attempts with the assignment.
The CAS currently employs more than 20 part-time students and four full-time learning center professionals that are committed to providing an inclusive learning environment to assist learners of all abilities and backgrounds within the SCTCC community.
- Academic Workshops
- Course Specific Review Sessions
- Facilitated Study Sessions
- Course Resources and Software
- Test Proctoring
- Workspace for Individual Learning
- Tutoring, both In-Person and Online