Degrees and Certificates
Upcoming Surgical Technology Information Sessions
Note: We will be holding the Information Sessions via Zoom online for the remainder of the spring.
Tuesday, April 28 at 2 p.m.
Zoom link: https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/362280235
Tuesday, May 19 at 2 p.m.
Zoom link: https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/970622016
Why Choose This Program
The Surgical Technology program trains graduates to set up and pass instruments to the surgeon during various surgical procedures. Patients count on every professional in the operating room to help ensure a safe and effective outcome, and a Surgical Technology degree prepares grads for that professionalism.
Graduates will become an integral member of the health care team providing surgical care to patients. Under the supervision of a surgeon, surgical technologists ensure that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
- Correlate the knowledge base in sciences and current technologies to their role as a Surgical Technologist.
- Demonstrate and integrate principles of surgical asepsis as part of the perioperative experience.
- Recognize the patient as a “unique” individual in a culturally diverse client population across the life span.
- Develop effective communication with the surgeon, staff and patient to assess the needs for a particular surgical procedure.
- Perform as a competent entry-level surgical technologist in a health care setting with an emphasis on delivering safe and efficient patient care.
- Promote environmental safety as formulated by OSHA, JCAHO, AST, AORN and other regulatory bodies.
- Physicians Offices
- Outpatient Care Centers
Where Grads Work
- St. Cloud Hospital
- CentraCare Plaza
- University of MN
- Summit Orthopedics
- Willmar Surgery Center
- North Metro Surgery Center
- Sanford Health Center
- Douglas County Hospital
- Harrison Medical Center
Accreditations & Credentials
The St. Cloud Technical and Community College (SCTCC) Surgical Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
To learn more about the Surgical Technlogy program, sign up for an Information Session. These sessions provide an opportunity to:
- Talk face-to-face with program faculty.
- Tour state-of-the-art labs, where hands on learning comes to life.
- Get your questions answered.
Admitted Pre-Surgical Technology Students at SCTCC
Current students who are Pre-Practical Nursing can contact the Academic Advising Center.
Office: Northway Building, 1-312