Check out the employers and panel information during Job Fair Week by scrolling through the booklet above!
If you'd prefer to download a PDF, click here.
So what's a Virtual Job Fair?
A Virtual Job Fair is very much like a face-to-face job fair where you learn about employers and open jobs, ask questions to learn more about the company and apply for jobs. The only difference is that it’s all done online.
We have moved the traditional job fair you’ve come to expect to Zoom and JobNet.
What is Zoom?
- Zoom is internet-based video conferencing platform similar to Skype or Google Meetups.
- Communicate face-to-face via video on your phone or laptop, or use audio only. You can download the Zoom app to your phone beforehand to be ready.
- We will be using Zoom to host the employer panels.
What is JobNet?
- JobNet is SCTCC’s online job posting board.
- More than 50 employers are wanting to connect with you and they’ve posted their current hiring opportunities in JobNet.
One of the best parts of the Virtual Job Fair is the Employer Panels. Instead of talking to employers at booths at the Job Fair, you get to pop into a Zoom meeting and talk to those same employers. Below is the schedule of Employer Panels.
The panels will all be recorded so you can watch them at a later time that works for you.
All student participants in the Employer Panels will be entered into a drawing for Amazon digital gift cards! Make sure to join in the panel to get your questions answered and for a chance to win.
Tips & Tricks Panel
Kelly Read from Metal Craft Machine & Engineering,Tim Johnson from CentraCare, Steve Peters form Teachers on Call, and Kayla Coopman from Hospital Sisters Health System all took part in a Tips and Tricks panel.
Activate your JobNet Account
To apply for jobs, you'll need to login to JobNet. To get started with JobNet, watch this video for the steps to activate your acocunt and then search for Virtual Job Fair jobs. Use VJF20 in the School Job ID Box!
Check with your instructor about the JobFlash reports for job postings in your industry. They'll be sent to your instructors during Prep Week, and you will be able to find them in JobNet using the VJF20 in the School Job ID Box in the Advanced Search.
- Business/IT/Education Job Flash
- Construction Job Flash
- Culinary Job Flash
- Health Sciences Job Flash
- Healthcare Job Flash
- Liberal Arts Job Flash
- Manufacturing Job Flash
- Marketing & Design Job Flash
- Transportation Job Flash
Career Services Drop-in Assistance
Drop in during these hours to get help form Lisa in Career Services! Click through to her Zoom Room Link.
- Monday May 4: 9 am – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday May 5: 4 – 7 p.m.
- Wed. May 6: 8 – 9:30 a.m. & 3 – 4:30 p.m.
- Thurs. May 7: 8 – 9:30 a.m. & 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.