TRIO SSS Summer Institute is a 4 week program designed to prepare students for the transition to college. Each session is facilitated by college staff and includes academic and enrichment activities. A faculty member will work with students to build upon reading skills that are fundamental to college success. Other college staff will help students understand how to navigate the college campus, apply for financial aid, develop college goals, and excel in the classroom.
Why should you attend Summer Institute?
- Refresh your reading and math skills
- Connect with staff and peers in a supportive learning environment
- Build friendships with other students before the academic year begins
- Register for TRIO SSS program and services
The Summer Institute offers:
- Workshops on the ACCUPLACER, study skills, D2L, time management, and paying for college
- College connections to familiarize new students to campus resources
- Opportunities to build leadership skills with other peers
- Lunch during each session and built in time to prepare to retake the ACCUPLACER exam
- Summer Institute flyer
Summer Institute Application and Acceptance Process
- Be admitted to St. Cloud Technical and Community College for a degree (AA, AS, or AAS) program
- Complete and submit the Summer Institute 2018 Application (web application)
- Contact Jayne Balicky at 320-308-0977 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions